Qualification: B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
Background & Skills:
A dynamic and challenging Mechanical Engineering role offering an opportunity to bring concepts to life for an ever changing broad range of complex products across a diverse customer base within multiple industries. Initial role to partner with local & remote project team members while interfacing directly with Neilsoft customers, providing expert mechanical engineering design services and support throughout all stages of the product development life cycle. In the mechanical engineer support role you will be contributing as part of a project team while working close with a project manager. Future growth opportunity is to be responsible to direct, supervise, lead and review all assigned engineering personnel and their assigned tasks for a project, which will lead into project management, scope development, schedule development, estimating engineering, equipment, installation and human resources.
- Develop mechanical, product and system concepts at the system/part/component level that satisfy the customer's requirements. Transfer these ideas into manufactural products and equipment assemblies
- Interface with customers to include the presentation of options to solve tough mechanical problems/issues and present trade-offs with guidance from other engineers as necessary
- Engineer, implement and verify the mechanical design of parts, components and assemblies in 3D CAD and appropriate analysis tools
- Determine and assign tasks to other team members, which include the Pune office. Coordinate efforts, monitor performance to achieve first pass quality, review results, and track hour usage on projects
- Field verification may be required to achieve the customer’s expectations and design requirements
- Tasks will also include preparing and establishing project work packages for bids, installation, vendor checkout, and static/dynamic checkouts prior to commissioning equipment on site for our various customers
- Obtain quotations for equipment along with procurement activities may be required
- Field support to commission equipment may also be required
- Travel averages about 25% of time however, extended time may be required to be on site at a customer to commission equipment. Global travel will occur
Skills & Abilities
- Exposure and working knowledge in mechanical part/component design for manufacturing in a variety of processes
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering analysis/practices (i.e. materials, tolerances, component specifications, trade-off analysis, structural and thermal/fluid analysis calculations and tools)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally
- Able to adapt to customers standards and drawing practices
- Experience detailing parts using 3D CAD modeling tools and produce required 2D documentation including Bill of Materials
- Strong problem-finding and problem-solving abilities with regard to mechanical design issues, DOE and root cause analysis
- Basic knowledge of part design so it can be fabricated and/or machined in accordance with standard design practices such as ANSI.14, GD&T and general tolerance guidelines
- Able to specify purchase parts into the design.
- Previous project leadership and proven ability to work within predefined project schedules and budgets is a plus
- Experience in pneumatics, hydraulics and machine guarding design is a plus
- Experience in plant infrastructure design is a plus
Education & Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required for this position
- Experience of 5 years in equipment design is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met
- 1 or more years of plant experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of NFPA, OSHA, ATEX, NEMA, IEC and other international standards are a plus
- Professional Engineering license obtained or in pursuit is a plus
- Pursuit of Project Management Institute certifications is a plus
“Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States”.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job code in the subject line.