Job Code: FJ-E-002
Position: Electrical Design Engineer
Experience: 2 - 5 years
Qualification: B.E. or B.Tech (Electrical)/Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Required Skills & Experience:
- Building services engineering experience from a design consultancy environment or a contractor with design & built environment. Any experience working on international projects will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of engineering calculations like Equipment & Switchgear sizing, Cable sizing, voltage drop, earthing calculation, etc.
- Experience in lighting calculation for normal, emergency using DIALux, Relux, or equivalent software tools & daylighting calculations using IES VE or equivalent
- Experience in earthing/grounding designing and lightning protection
- Experience with electrical load calculations
- Experience with panel schedules, DB schedules, luminary schedules, etc.
- Experience with ELV system Designs like FAPA, CCTV, Access Control, Data & telephone, etc.
- Understanding of ICT system & requirements
- Understanding of Green/Solar PV / Sustainability requirements
- Should be well versed with various codes & standards like BS codes, NEC, CIBSE, UK Building Regulation Code, and NBC
- Exposure in predesign manhour estimation and preparation of stagewise deliverables
- Skills required on 2D & 3D drafting tools like AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks. Experience with Autodesk Revit MEP and Autodesk Navisworks is mandatory
- Experience in modeling electrical & ELV services using AutoCAD & Revit is mandatory
- Experience with various designing software like Amtech, ETAP, and ElectricalOM for power distribution design & electrical studies like load flow analysis, short circuit analysis, harmonic analysis, arc flash analysis, discrimination studies, etc.
- Experience in Tender Specification and BOQ
- Worked on various building sectors – residential, commercial, institutional(schools, colleges), healthcare(hospitals), transportation(airports, bus stations, metro stations), data centers, etc.
- Good understanding of coordination between different MEPF services as well as Architectural & Structural design from an engineering & spatial coordination point of view
- Experience in the review and QA/QC of 3D models, drawings, etc.
- Experience working on common data environments like BLUEBEAM, BIM 360, Dropbox, and ProjectWise (collaborative tools to work on a model)
- Should have the skill to manage & prioritize while working on multiple tasks
- Should have the ability to perform under time pressure and be ready to adapt to project requirement changes with a positive attitude
- Should have good oral and written communication skills
- Should be self-motivated, proactive, and a good team player
- Should have good skills to communicate well and professionally with all levels of associates i.e., team members, management staff, clients, and others
- Study the project specification & other technical documents
- Prepare effort estimation and list of deliverables to be produced
- Input data review & prepare RFIs for insufficient data, etc.
- Electrical & ELV designing as per project scope
- Daily project task allocation & management
- Designing electrical services and providing inputs to detailing/BIM team
- Coordination of electrical services with all other trade services such as architecture, structure, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, etc.
- Participate in team meetings & client meetings
- Review & QAQC of project deliverables
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job code in the subject line.